Savera UK works with Black Minority Ethnic (BME) communities to challenge attitudes towards domestic abuse and harmful practices such as forced marriage, 'honour' based violence and female genital mutilation.
Who we support...
All victims of domestic abuse and harmful practices, such as so-called 'honour' based abuse, forced marriages and female genital mutilation within the BME community.
What we can help with...
Savera UK provide:
- Confidential, culturally sensitive advice and support for individuals;
- one-to-one emotional and advocacy support to individuals at risk of harmful practices, such as forced marriage, female genital mutilation and 'honour' based abuse;
- Awareness raising for community groups;
- Advice and information for professionals and practitioners;
- Protocols and policy development for agencies.
- St Helens