Safe Place Merseyside - Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC)
SAFE Place Merseyside is the Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) for the Merseyside area.
At SAFE Place we offer a service for both males and females who have been sexually assaulted both recently and at any time in the past. We have a staff of highly-trained healthcare professionals who are here to support you at our centre in Liverpool City Centre. As well as emergency treatment, emergency contraception and advice on many other services we can offer referrals to counsellors and can help you if you would like to contact the Police. We operate a policy of strictest client confidentiality and are here for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Who we support...
What we can help with...
- Forensic medical examination
- Emergency contraception
- PEPSE* if appropriate
- Advice on screening for sexually transmitted Infections
- Hepatitis 'B' vaccination
- Referral to an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor and other appropriate support services
- Informal discussion with a specially trained police officer (if requested)
- Translation services if English is not your first language
- St Helens
Please see our website for further details.