Restitute supports third party victims of crime – the parents, carers, partners, siblings and loved ones of people who have survived sexual abuse, sexual violence or other serious violence including domestic violence.
Restitute provides emotional, practical and therapeutic support including:
- A dedicated support worker for every family.
- Independent of any existing services offered to survivors and that is confidential and a safe space for carers and parents.
- Person-centred and trauma informed – a solution-focused organisation using practical support, advocacy, and action-planning to support the needs of people caring in traumatic circumstances.
- A problem-solving ‘doing’ organisation that avoids signposting because we know carers are too busy and don’t prioritise their own needs.
- Focused on recovery, recognising the needs of all those living with, or caring for, someone who has survived trauma
Who we support
- Parents, carers, siblings, and other family members who support children who are survivors of sexual abuse.
- The loved ones of adults who have survived sexual violence as an adult or who were sexually abused as children.
- Parents of children under 18 where there has been instances of sibling sexual abuse or harmful sexual behaviour.
- Partners of men who are arrested for accessing online child pornography.
We provide emotional support via regular video calls as well as advocacy across a wide range of additional services such as education, benefits, health, social services, police and criminal justice.
Initial enquiries are 9-5, Monday to Friday. Appointments with clients are when mutually suitable.
- St Helens